Main > The Armoury

Now THIS just isn't fair!

<< < (8/10) > >>

Sir William:
Weren't we all?  I used to think that wallhangers were perfectly acceptable swords...imagine my surprise when my first ever, on the second strike, turned into a helicopter of death?  Ha!  Good times.  Hey, what'd I expect for $12, right?  LOL

Took me some time to figure out that you get what you pay for...usually.  Came across a mean little cutter, an actual Masahiro Bamboo (first run, not to be confused with the Musashi Bamboo, an inferior product) for $75 shipped that I've come to realize is a real gem...so I kept it.  Not much of a katana guy, but I had to have one so there you have it.

That's about the ONLY time I can recall where I got something good for cheap; that's not usually the case.

Sir Wolf:
hahaha oooooooooooo helicopter of death hehehe

Sir William:
Yea, I didn't know that was what it was called at that time, for me it was a WTF moment.  lol

Sir James (Fiat Lux):

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-09-29, 20:11:29 ---
Yup, that's been pretty much my view of Starfires as well. Hilted crowbars. Of course, I still have mine from back in the days when I thought they were cool, and thought they were about all you could get in the way of blunted trainer swords. Boy was I wrong on all counts.

--- End quote ---

To be fair, though, the Fiat Lux uses them because of their warranty. We've broken swords on more than one occasion, and getting a no-questions-asked replacement is rather nice. Certainly doesn't handle as well as an Albion, but it does have its uses.

Sir Wolf:
oh i'm would never argue against them. i owned one and they are great for what they are needed to be. :)  i just prefer different ones now (Paul Binns, ARmour Class etc)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version