Main > The Armoury

Now THIS just isn't fair!

<< < (7/10) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Yeah that's why I like going to shops in various faires and seeing what they sell, then looking online for it. Usually they sell things are inflated prices than what you can get them online for. I would like to try armor on before buying it though...

Sir William:
Yea, that'd be ultra smooth to be able to do that.  Its funny, when I first started goin to the Ren Faire, my eyes were wide open like a kid in a candy store when I'd visit the sword and armor vendors...but now that I know better, it almost hurts my eyes to see some of their wares.  That's just evidence of my research coloring my outlook; there really is something for everyone though, isn't there?

Sir Edward:

That's the problem I've developed. I used to insist on only buying things in person so I could handle them first. As my tastes evolved, I'm at a point where there's very little I can handle up-front, unless I know someone who has bought it already. The local renfaires don't have Albions, or much in the way of armor, etc.

Sir William:
No and what they do offer is usually grossly marked up.  Seen some Starfires goin for $400...I'm like really?  Serious?  You'd do just as well with a crowbar, and it'd last longer.  Personal bias?  Maybe.  lol

Sir Edward:

Yup, that's been pretty much my view of Starfires as well. Hilted crowbars. Of course, I still have mine from back in the days when I thought they were cool, and thought they were about all you could get in the way of blunted trainer swords. Boy was I wrong on all counts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version