Main > The Armoury

Now THIS just isn't fair!

<< < (6/10) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Conall on 2010-09-27, 21:11:40 ---Yeah the problem isn't my height so much as it is finding clothing that would fit me like a second skin, especially pants. Everythings usually too loose for me. Thankfully this LARP magazine had stuff that would fit me so I ordered from there. Shame GDFB stuff is way too big for me... Considering they only come in Large XL and XXL. The GDFB shoes fit me perfectly though, couldnt ask for better medieval shoes. Wish there was a local shop where I could try things on before buying them to figure out what fits me well.

--- End quote ---

Just be careful what you wish for. I used to have the same problem. Then I put on about 65 pounds. :)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Conall on 2010-09-27, 21:11:40 ---Yeah the problem isn't my height so much as it is finding clothing that would fit me like a second skin, especially pants. Everythings usually too loose for me. Thankfully this LARP magazine had stuff that would fit me so I ordered from there. Shame GDFB stuff is way too big for me... Considering they only come in Large XL and XXL. The GDFB shoes fit me perfectly though, couldnt ask for better medieval shoes. Wish there was a local shop where I could try things on before buying them to figure out what fits me well.

--- End quote ---

Yea, I have a hard time finding things to fit me well...the way they ballpark it, one size fits a lot, doesn't always work out for me.  I'm with you, in wishing there were a local shop to try stuff on first...can't tell you how many items I've had to send back because they were ill-fitting or ill-made (pics can be deceiving)!!

Sir Edward:

If you ever make it out to Pennsic, Ice Falcon has a shop there, and you can try on the mail he sells.

Sir William:
I've always wanted to go...but I could never talk my wife into essentially camping out at an adult playground for us boys...so I may have to go it solo; we'll see.  Either way, if any of you guys go, maybe I could tag along for a little while?  I'll not be able to do the full 2 weeks even if I wanted to.

Sir Edward:

It's not just a boy's only event, so no worries there. As long as she has any interest in anything medieval or renaissance, there's always something to do. There are classes on dancing, music, art, sciences (like siege engines or alchemy), henna, making period drinks and foods, etc. There's always something going on... parties, events, archery range, and TONS of shopping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version