Main > The Armoury

GDFB Klapvisor Helm

<< < (4/11) > >>

Sir Edward:

Yeah, not all of the visors stay up on their own. I don't think GDFB makes that a priority. My sallet wouldn't stay up at all, nor would it lock down for combat, so Allan was kind enough to add spring pins to lock it in both places. A very elegant solution!

Sir Brian:
That is probably the way I'll have to go. Do you mind posting a couple of close up shots to give me a rough idea of how and where to consider adding a spring pin or two?  :-\

Sir Wolf:
a lot of bassenets also had a strap that went around the back of the helm and buckled to itself on the other side.

but a spring pin can be made from 3 rivets and a hacksaw blade too

Sir Edward:

Yep, I should be able to take some pictures. I'll try to remember to do that tonight.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2010-09-15, 15:44:28 ---a lot of bassenets also had a strap that went around the back of the helm and buckled to itself on the other side.

but a spring pin can be made from 3 rivets and a hacksaw blade too

--- End quote ---

Yeah I have the straps and buckles for that and will go that route as a last resort if I can't make a simpler
method work, but you certainly have piqued my curiosity about making the spring pin!  :)

Update:

I called KOA and they’ll refund me for the return Klappvisor (I had no doubts that they would). Since I don’t know how long their sale is running for I opted to purchase the Great Bascinet outright and have the
Cost of the Klappvisor deducted from my balance when they have a reasonable time to get to it.

Here is the NEW new helm! ;)
http://kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=AB2971&name=Great+Fighting+Bascinet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version