Main > The Armoury

GDFB Klapvisor Helm

<< < (3/11) > >>

Sir Wolf:
what about a thin linen coif? unpadded.

you will have an issue with a lot of visored helms that won't stand up on their own. sometimes I suggest to people about putting leather washers in the pivot points and riveting them. but the klap has a different arrangement.

Sir Brian:
Well another aspect of the helm being too small is my prominent chin is pressed against the visor when it is down and secured as it would have to be via a strap or some such. I will probably end up making a thin linen coif in time but I’ll have to check the fit of the other helm first. I’m hoping a dual hinge pointed visor will be easier to modify in order to secure it.  :-\

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2010-09-13, 19:09:38 ---No you were correct about the helm I was wearing when we met Paladin, it is a visored sugarloaf helm from Armstreet. The Klappvisor I was referring to is due in a week or so. - I'm looking for a replacement for my great helm that I typically wear like my profile picture.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Ah ok...its a beauty it is; klappvisor's an impressive helm as well.  Interested to see how you work that visor...

Sir Wolf:
well maybe your right. sounds like we need an armouring day when you get your new helmet hehehehe

Sir Brian:
Sounds good to me! After faire season and your new addition is settled in of course.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version