Main > The Armoury

2 DAY PRE-ORDER CHAINMAIL SALE!!!!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Sir William:
Oh my...I needed to be a member here some time ago, look at that deal!  Better late than never, I always say...there'll be other times.  Question, the blackened versions, were they treated against rust or do they need to stay oiled up?

Sir Edward:
I think the blackened ones will be slower to rust, but you'll still need to oil them up. I think. Stainless is of course more expensive but will be relatively maintenance free. Ice falcon's stainless has a darkened color too, at least on some of it. The stainless riveted chausses I just got from him have a very dark natural steel color.

Sir Ulrich:
I just hope when mine arrives it isn't rusted THAT will be a big bummer. Anyone know how to store mail properly? I don't want mine to end up rusting on me....

Sir Edward:
It shouldn't be rusty on arrival. It comes with an oily/greasy substance on it that's quite filthy. :)

I actually haven't put much thought into storage since most of what I own is aluminum or stainless (only my voiders and fauld are mild steel). I think some sort of spray-on oil-based sealant would be ideal. I think that's worth investigating.

Sir William:
Keep it oiled, wrapped in an oilcloth and stored away from the elements; I have an old steamer-style trunk in my war chamber that I used to keep a blackened hauberk in.  The biggest thing is that wherever you store it is climate controlled; moisture being the invasive little baddie that it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version