Main > The Armoury

Ed's Mid 14th C. kit

<< < (15/46) > >>

Sir Brian:
Oh btw, speaking of surcoat I'm picking up my other new one on Tuesday. This one I had made with the extra linen material and wanted it for a more daily wear or fighting as I want to get into that more in armor. The cool part is the seamstress asked me if I wanted my accolades embroidered. I asked how much more that would be and she estimated the time and said $90.00 for both devices. So the entire surcoat is going to cost me $130 and I won’t have to ruin it by trying to stencil the accolades on with fabric paint!  :)

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-05-20, 17:53:46 ---Oh btw, speaking of surcoat I'm picking up my other new one on Tuesday. This one I had made with the extra linen material and wanted it for a more daily wear or fighting as I want to get into that more in armor. The cool part is the seamstress asked me if I wanted my accolades embroidered. I asked how much more that would be and she estimated the time and said $90.00 for both devices. So the entire surcoat is going to cost me $130 and I won’t have to ruin it by trying to stencil the accolades on with fabric paint!  :)

--- End quote ---

Awesome! That's really cool.

Well, I need to think on this mail thing more. The titanium would be awesome. But steel would be much cheaper. And I could still get stainless to avoid rust... I would just have the full weight.

Example 1 (GDFB): http://cashanwei.com/prod_Detail.aspx?id=AB3084

(chainmail)
Example 2: (Ice Falcon): http://store.fastcommerce.com/icefalcon/stainless-chainmail-haubergeon-large-ff808181179c9a5701179dac4e6e3621-p.html

EDIT: ... dang it, now you have me thinking about this again. And wondering if I can get it together in 2 weeks for the knighting... lol... Stainless is affordable.

Sir Wolf:
muhahahah yes yes it is.

why can't you point the alum spaulders? need help?

Sir Brian:
Wow the Icefalcon is cheaper but you don't get your discount with icefalcon. Tough decision there!  :-\

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-05-20, 18:24:18 ---why can't you point the alum spaulders? need help?

--- End quote ---

I have heavy steel spaulders for this kit. The aluminum mail won't support the weight of things hanging off of it.

Anyway, I made my decision. I'll forgo the titanium. The GDFB stuff has more appropriate sizing for me anyway, and the stainless isn't oppressively heavy. I should have it next week! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version