Main > The Armoury

Ed's Mid 14th C. kit

<< < (33/46) > >>

Joshua Santana:
At this point, I believe we all will become a 14th Century Style Chivalric Order (Come to think of it)!

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2011-06-07, 00:44:23 ---At this point, I believe we all will become a 14th Century Style Chivalric Order (Come to think of it)!

--- End quote ---

Heh, what's amusing about that is that in the SCA, from what I understand there's a lot of folks who consider the 14th to be the "one true century". I can understand why. There's not only the huge transition of armor, but also an explosion of color and heraldry and pageantry. It sort of visually encompasses much of what has drawn us to the period.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---Heh, what's amusing about that is that in the SCA, from what I understand there's a lot of folks who consider the 14th to be the "one true century". I can understand why. There's not only the huge transition of armor, but also an explosion of color and heraldry and pageantry. It sort of visually encompasses much of what has drawn us to the period.
--- End quote ---

My thoughts exactly Sir Edward!

Sir Wolf:
ya it recently has become a huge draw for the SCA in Atlantia. James Barker is a leader in part of this with all of his awesome kits and shoes.

Sir Rodney:
I've always been drawn to the bascinet with houndskull visor.  I don't know why, maybe because it just looks MEAN.

I believe the internet and forums such as this have had a profound impact on the advancement of SCA armours from all periods.  In the old days (my first armour photographs were taken with a Polaroid Instamatic camera) I was inspired by books, movies, people I met at SCA events and the local Ren Fair.  This was a rather limited pool for period correct historical inspiration and good information was slow to be disseminated.  With the advent of the internet and forums for people with specific interests, the trickle of good information has turned into a torrent of knowledge.  The younger members here can be very thankful that you didn't have to wait weeks for a book to arrive via inter-library loan.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version