Main > The Armoury

Ed's Mid 14th C. kit

<< < (4/46) > >>

Sir Wolf:
oh sure, i try to up my 13thc kit and now you move on to mid-late 14th hehehhe

Sir Wolf:
(sca,gorget)
http://cgi.ebay.com/suit-armor-sca-steel-arms-legs-breastplate-gorget-/150467918360?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2308963a18

(modified by Ed to fix URL)

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Das Bill on 2010-07-21, 04:42:35 ---Nowadays I'm so much more of a snob, though. :) Still, you could get one that is a little less fancy to keep the cost down, and possibly do some of the work (like the liner) yourself.

Of course, for myself, my tastes have grown beyond my abilities, so I would rather pay someone to do it right instead of me attempting it, then never being quite happy with it. :)

--- End quote ---

I'm totally in the same boat. I just don't have the skills to do it right. It's easier (not necessarily easy, just easier) to just pay for someone else to do it properly. But at least I can defer the helm part a little while.

At some point I also need to think about gauntlets. Hourglass or Wisby? Hmmm... :) I have those really junky hourglass gaunts I use in class... but I don't consider that a permanent solution. All the rest of the ones I have are out of period. I can probably defer this for a little while too.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2010-07-21, 04:47:37 ---oh sure, i try to up my 13thc kit and now you move on to mid-late 14th hehehhe

--- End quote ---

lol, don't worry, I'm still working on my early 14th C kit as well (yeah, I can't really call it 13th C anymore... maybe c.1300 roughly).

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-07-20, 20:09:41 ---
--- Quote from: Allan Senefelder on 2010-07-19, 23:32:54 ---Ed, I can make you the arms with the rondels if you'd like. I've meant to for ages and just never get around to it ( i've actually made 6 pairs for folks and never remember to take pics ).

--- End quote ---

Man, that would be awesome. I'll be in contact soon probably. :)

--- End quote ---

Order placed!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version