Main > The Armoury

Ed's Mid 14th C. kit

<< < (30/46) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2011-06-04, 14:46:41 ---Sir Edward can always claim the helm is a family heirloom!

Seriously though, possessing archaic items are far more plausible than possessing futuristic items that decades or even centuries before the timeline of your kit.  :-\

--- End quote ---

Indeed, especially amongst the poorer knights who can't afford to update their armor every decade or two.

Sir Wolf:
but if u can afford a harness you can afford an upgrade. ;)

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-06-03, 21:42:01 ---
hey, ask someone (sword chick?) who has one to look and make sure there are no weld marks on the inside!!! sometimes people use rivets but also spot weld them together in  a few places to extra hold.  it will be no problem for us to get the 2 apart when you come up hehehe or i can make it down again :)

--- End quote ---

Tim Hall in our group already did this, which is what gave us all the inspiration. It looks really good (minus the hole in the front). I was suggesting that Pamela do this as well, but cover it in fabric to cover the hole.

Tim's the one in green.

Sir Wolf:
hey perfect. :) we could always through in a rivet to fill the hole.

i wonder if pamela would want to take her's apart, cover the breastplate and then reattach the plackart? it would look smashing i think

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-06-04, 16:17:30 ---hey perfect. :) we could always through in a rivet to fill the hole.

i wonder if pamela would want to take her's apart, cover the breastplate and then reattach the plackart? it would look smashing i think

--- End quote ---

In theory it would, but as it is, the breastplate is pretty gigantic on her. This is why I was suggesting to her to go the route Tim chose and remove the plackart entirely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version