Main > The Armoury

Ed's Mid 14th C. kit

<< < (24/46) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
I am gonna need a squire to put on my armor, thank god I have friends who like to come with me to ren faires, they can be my squires. Can only imagine how difficult it is to put on plate by yourself.

Sir Wolf:
if you want a cheap globose breastplate, Cet from Rough from the hammer is your man. 80$ in stainless or 65$ in mild steel. you will need to strap it yourself and if you want any sorta finish you will have to do that as well. but if you are covering it with a surcoat you wouldn't need to. http://www.roughfromthehammer.com/parts.html

Sir Edward:

OK, here's the most immediate things I need to work on:

1. Gauntlets. I forgot about these gorgeous blue wisby gauntlets. I'm looking at those, or hourglass gaunts from maybe Best Armor. Thoughts?

2. Mail adjustments. I can taper the sleeves later, as it's not a huge hindrance. But the lack of expansion at the bottom really gets in the way when it pulls tight. It's hard to sit down in it. Since KOA has my loose rings and rivets on horrendously-long back-order, what I think I might do is go ahead and split the sides, and add the expansion mail with crappy butt-links for the time being. It's a temporary fix, and the links will look out of place in both color and shape, but it'll be on the sides and mostly under the surcoat anyway. I have some linked sections of galvanized butt links already, so the work would go quickly. I hope this doesn't offend anyone's sensibilities too badly. :)

Of course, later I'll look into the greaves, breastplate, and a new helm as well.

Sir Wolf:
protest protest hahahha jkjk. kewlness

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-05-27, 20:50:44 --- Since KOA has my loose rings and rivets on horrendously-long back-order, what I think I might do is go ahead and split the sides, and add the expansion mail with crappy butt-links for the time being. It's a temporary fix, and the links will look out of place in both color and shape, but it'll be on the sides and mostly under the surcoat anyway. I have some linked sections of galvanized butt links already, so the work would go quickly.

--- End quote ---

Expansions added. Wow, suddenly the armor is also a lot easier to get in and out of too. Nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version