Main > The Armoury

Ed's Mid 14th C. kit

<< < (22/46) > >>

Sir Wolf:
well really if you were a man at arms on foot you really wouldnt be wearing tassets. i think they are manly for horseback.

Sir William:
Agreed on the need for more security w/regard to the mail...but then, I imagine that they would've been somewhat tailored to fit a specific person, so they probably did not experience what we do now with our 'few sizes fits all' style that we're accustomed to seeing.

Last season I tried lacing down some of the more floppier areas but they came undone toward the end of the first day.

Sir Wolf:
sometimes i wonder how much mail was actually tied more like in the move kingdom of heaven. the artists may have just left it off the paintings etc so we don't think about the need. there's only so much tailoring that can be done with mail that makes it immobile or unable to put on one would think.

Sir Brian:
I think you may be correct Sir Wolf because I’ve added some hidden leather laces on the inside of my arms to keep the sleeves at the best length for me, which all allows some extra mobility to my upper arms in general without the maille binding me.  ;)

Sir William:
Sir Brian, I'm going to need to see that...I had mine outside of the mail and that did not help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version