Main > The Armoury

(was ailettes) now working on my kit

<< < (3/7) > >>

Sir Patrick:

--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-10-08, 20:14:56 ---I like yours too, Red Knight, never seen a cincefoil before I saw your shield; I'm assuming that's the 5-lobed...thing...of which there are three on your shield.

--- End quote ---

Yep.  The device dates from 1033, and signifies strength, power, honor, and loyalty.  The arms on my shield are a variation of those usually associated with my surname.

Sir Wolf:
oh yes i know how to do that ( :) I used to make leather armour as a hobby hehhe)

thanks for the sizing and the paint idea!

Sir William:

--- Quote from: The Red Knight on 2010-10-08, 21:06:52 ---
--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-10-08, 20:14:56 ---I like yours too, Red Knight, never seen a cincefoil before I saw your shield; I'm assuming that's the 5-lobed...thing...of which there are three on your shield.

--- End quote ---

Yep.  The device dates from 1033, and signifies strength, power, honor, and loyalty.  The arms on my shield are a variation of those usually associated with my surname.

--- End quote ---

Even better!

Sir Brian:
*Bump*

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2010-07-17, 18:59:34 ---so i started a pair of ailettes today.  i cut a heavy piece of leather and dyed it.  i am thinking of backing it with either another piece of leather or a piece of wood to attach it to the hauberk via ties.  I need to paint the rampant lion on each with red as well.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: The Red Knight on 2010-10-08, 19:19:04 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2010-10-08, 13:27:41 ---EXCELLENT! Well done indeed! Do you have any pictures of you wearing them? It is such a rare treat to see a harness with ailettes!  :)

--- End quote ---

Not yet.  I'm hoping to get my gambeson project going in the next two weeks, and then I'll actually have something to attach them to ;D! 
--- End quote ---

Okay, so where are you gentlemen at with these projects? Have any pictures yet?  :)

Sir Edward:

Coincidentally, I just attached my ailettes last night. I plan to have them at the knightings. I never did get around to painting the charges, but they still have the color divisions to match my shield, so it's all good. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version