"I think that more Knights are made on the school-ground than on the battle field."
                ---Benjamin Disraeli

Author Topic: the grail quest  (Read 3610 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
Re: the grail quest
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-20, 20:27:37 »

Your looking for the grail? I have it. I think its in the laundry room. I use it to hold spare change so it doesn't rattle around in the washing machine.

lol... :)

Pretty good discussion. The Grail has become a pretty common and prominent symbol amongst various chivalrous groups, since it represents the level of perfection that is unattainable, but for which the quest, the journey itself, is all important and yields its own rewards. They're not really covering any new ground, but I'm glad to see a thoughtful discussion on it!
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: the grail quest
« Reply #2 on: 2010-09-16, 16:10:56 »
A good read loosely based on the subject is Bernard Cornwell's Grail Quest series; a trilogy of books, first one called Harlequin, second is Vagabond and last is Heretic.  They were written in such a way as to transport you right into the lives of these soldiers/archers, you could almost see and smell what they did.  After reading those (thanks to my wife who knows what I like to read), I got Azincourt and then went on to read the Troy trilogy, by Peter Gemmell.  All of these books are page turners, at least they were for me.

The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€