Main > The Armoury

different types of COPs

(1/3) > >>

Sir Wolf:
http://www.hoashantverk.se/hantverk/hoas_rustningar/index.html

cant remember if i posted this here before or not (starting to lose my mind) here are a bunch of the visby coats of plates.

Sir Brian:
WOW! I don't think you posted these before! They look great! Thanks for posting this because as I was looking at them I had an epiphany! ~ (And yes it hurt a great deal but surprisingly there was very little bloodshed involved! :D)

I was just telling Sir Andrew and his lovely Lady Constance that I had purchased some scrap black leather from Tandy a few weeks ago and they had sent me nearly half a hide of decent grade leather, I was wondering what I could possibly do with all that leather and seeing these COPs I now know what I’ll be working on! ~ Thank you for inspiring me on a new project Sir Wolf!  :)

Sir Wolf:
:) i would use a very supple piece of leather if i used leather at all. we know a lot of coats were made out of heavy linen material as well. glad to have helped. I think COPs really add to ones kit

Dragonlover:

I would have to agree with sir Wolf there, sir Brian. I don't know the weight of your hide,
 but it would definitely be better (and easier!) to use a lighter grade as compared to "iron sole" etc...

Sir Brian:
Oh it isn't armor grade leather...(I'll pause here so everyone can fully grasp the vast extent of my ignorance concerning the various grades of leather)...  ;)

It is no more than a 1/8" thick and moderately supple. The main question I am more concerned with is the gauge of steel I should use considering where I work IRL. I have a wide selection available to me from wafer thin stainless steel used for Electromagnetic bonding to Ice breaker hull!  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version