Main > The Armoury

new armour

<< < (6/7) > >>

Sir Brian:
Well I did point the spaulders to my aluminum habergeon which was a bit of a PITA (acronym) and it worked out well enough but locked that habergeon into a single role and timeframe, with the spaulders harness I have the option of going without the spaulders completely if I want to experiment with different timeframes and/or configurations without having the bother of removing the arming point. Besides my surcoat and gorget will keep it well hidden!  ;D

I don’t need the weight belt per se but the old straight leg infantryman in me compels me to use every means possible to help lighten the load or make whatever load you have to hump as comfortable as possible because you never know how long you will have to hump it!  ~ For the average renfaire that's about eight hours. ;)

Sir Wolf:
so... Sir Edward... do i see a new full hauberk and coif in YOUR future? ehehhehe. come on Sir Brian lets coax him into it. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE've both got a riveted mild steel one hehehehe

Sir Brian:
Yes Sir Edward aluminum maille is SOOOO passe! Don't you want to be in vogue? All of the cool knights are wearing it this year!
(ok I've pretty much exhausted my tween girl vocabulary)  :D

Sir Edward:
HAhah, well, I WAS going to order a set this week too, but I've spent way too much money recently. I need to get all of that paid off first. :) I also need to make sure I can get a decent coif with it, and I'm not sure how much I like the fit of the GDFB ones based on their pictures, but granted, they only have a couple of photos out there, so it's hard to tell.

Of course, there's also the part of me that wants to start whining "but I'm ALMOST done making my aluminum set!!! And I'm going to wear something else???"

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2010-05-01, 17:07:11 ---being in shape and having the right shape has all to do with it. i to must wear a belt with mine now. but a few years ago it wasn't needed. if you look at the Bayeux tapestry you don't see any weight belts either.

--- End quote ---

By "in shape", do you mean "large round shape"? :)  I had problems wearing that 40 lb hauberk when I was thin. The mail would hang straight down from the shoulders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version