Main > The Armoury

if you could redo 1 thing

(1/2) > >>

Sir Wolf:
or more on your kit what would it be and how do you think you'd fix it?

Sir Brian:
I would love to go with more authentic maille but it maybe a few more years before I'll be able to afford it.  :(
The other is a custom made bascinet with a visor shaped like a griffon's face, but I'll NEVER be able to afford that! :D

Sir Edward:

Yeah, I'd love to have truly authentic mail, but there are many roadblocks, with price just being one of them. The other is that I think for it to be correct, it needs some complex tailoring so that it will fit like a second skin. Off-the-rack mail isn't done that way and tends to only come in a couple of sizes, at most.

But also, I think I'd like a more period correct gambeson/aketon, and coat of plates. Still haven't decided what to do about these.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-04-13, 14:13:38 ---The other is that I think for it to be correct, it needs some complex tailoring so that it will fit like a second skin. Off-the-rack mail isn't done that way and tends to only come in a couple of sizes, at most.

--- End quote ---

I've found a couple of places that offer such maille when you provide them quite an extensive array of body measurements but the price starts around $1000.00  :o

Sir Ulrich:
Well considering I got 500 dollar mail arriving soon, I'd prefer to have a  riveted coif with that face flap similar to this cept Icefalcon mail http://www.therionarms.com/reenact/therionarms_c1175.html I'd also like leg mail that would fit me, but considering i'm much skinnier than average I doubt a stock one would fit me. I also think a visby coat of plates would look good over my mail but thats biting off more than I can chew as of now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version