Main > The Armoury

Video review of the Hanwei "Federschwert" trainers

(1/1)

Das Bill:
I don't know if this is of much interest here, but I did a video review of the newer model of Hanwei "Federschwert" trainer. I originally wrote a review of the swords on myArmoury.com, but the company has made some tweaks to the current model, and several people had been asking me to review the updated version, so I made this video.

(Though I *HATE* that Hanwei uses the term "federschwert", which people seem to more and more believe is a historical term just because it sounds like it should be!)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ad7les38fw[/youtube]

Sir Edward:

Nice! It looks like a very well rounded review of the newer models. I think this will be very useful for the HEMA community.

Are you going to update the review on myArmoury as well?

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-03-15, 14:26:35 ---Are you going to update the review on myArmoury as well?

--- End quote ---

In general, the idea of those reviews is to reflect the sword at the time of the review (just like in a magazine), so we don't really update those.

Sir Edward:
OK, I see. So if you wanted to do any sort of update down the line, it would likely be an entire separate review of the newer version? That makes sense.

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-03-15, 19:50:56 ---OK, I see. So if you wanted to do any sort of update down the line, it would likely be an entire separate review of the newer version? That makes sense.

--- End quote ---

Yep, that's exactly right. We've done "revisted" reviews a few times, such as the A&A Gothic Bastard sword. Patrick Kelly reviewed it originally, and then a couple years later I owned a revised model, so we did a second review.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version