Main > The Armoury

Help fix boring Helm

<< < (12/13) > >>

Ian:
Sir Patrick that looks great!  I bet it looks pretty impressive in full regalia!

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-08-09, 11:18:42 ---Sir Patrick that looks great!  I bet it looks pretty impressive in full regalia!

--- End quote ---

Seriously, I'm a little jealous. :)

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-08-09, 13:07:16 ---
--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-08-09, 11:18:42 ---Sir Patrick that looks great!  I bet it looks pretty impressive in full regalia!

--- End quote ---
Seriously, I'm a little jealous. :)
--- End quote ---

Awesome job! That looks great Sir Patrick!  :)

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2013-08-09, 05:45:48 ---I need a crest for my helm though on my mother's side of the family their coat of arms is all red with a unicorn, while on my dads side it's a white duck. If I had the choice I'd take unicorn over duck cause well equines are more fierce than ducks and more medieval. Though I cant find either of those in a cast bronze, plus bronze would make it much more heavy.
--- End quote ---

Well you don’t have to use either of what is on your parent’s family crest unless your COA is a continuation of theirs but even then you don’t have to use a charge in your COA. You could practically use any charge you want, they were typically some relation to the COA but not always.

I always thought the various hand or fist charges were cool, say for instance a hand holding a hammer or sword would be freakishly unique.  :o  ;D

Sir Patrick:
Thanks guys!  I will eventually re-do the mantle and torse as well (when I upgrade my surcoat).
EDIT:  I'm thinking about ermine for the mantle lining. Would the spots have been embroidered on, or painted back in the day?  ???

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Patrick on 2013-08-09, 17:51:16 ---I'm thinking about ermine for the mantle lining. Would the spots have been embroidered on, or painted back in the day?  ???
--- End quote ---

Actually either would be appropriate. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version