Main > The Armoury

New Toys

(1/3) > >>

Sir Edward:

My new Hungarian Axe is one of the two on the right in this picture:

And the gothic mace is the one between the hatchets and flails on the left in this one:

I'll take some more pictures later when I get some time.

Sir Edward:
My MRL box got here while I was away at WMAW. I haven't taken pictures of everything yet. But here's a start...

The bascinet w/ aventail really is more of a bascinet than one of the plate arming caps that used to be used under the later great helms. So it doesn't work with the Pembridge style great helm. But by itself it's pretty protective (except for the open face) and seems very solidly constructed.

I also got the mail gauntlets. The splinted cuffs had to go, of course, but I like what they did with the mail on the hands. The lacing that stitches the splints on is separate, so it was easy to take those off without messing up the mail attachment. I tried putting the new vambraces on over the leather cuffs, and it actually works very well. They help keep each other in place:

More pictures of toys to come. I had hoped to wait until that new white box showed up on my doorstep, but it still wasn't here on Friday.

Sir Wolf:
thats odd, i thought thats how they made them so it could be worn together. stupid MRL. but it looks cool! must be why they are stopping caring them

Sir Edward:
Yep, I thought so too. I had to loosen the suspension a lot to get the bascinet to sit that low on my head, and as you can see, the brow-line is pretty much where it should be. If I put the pembridge helm on over it, it sits about 3" too high to look out the eye slots, and nothing keeps it from rolling forward and back. The suspension in the great helm also appears be be designed with just a bare head or coif in mind.

If you look closely you can also see that the brow line isn't perfectly straight, and the central ridge isn't quite centered either. :)

Oh well.

Sir Brian:
Still looks great! Are you going to wear the bascinet on Saturday? Maybe it would fit better under
my great helm since it is much wider. If you bring it we can experiment with it a bit since my liner
is attached via velcro and very easy to remove and install. If it does fit better then you could always
purchase the kind I got off ebay for $50.00, those cheaper knock offs seem to run on the wide side! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version