Main > The Armoury

so whos doing what

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Wolf:
I'm waiting till i hear back from the seller. i asked what the body was made of and what the measurements of the foot area was.  if it's plastic I think I'll drill some small dowels into the wood it's gonna sit on and gorilla glue them up inside the legs.  that way the legs are strong

Sir Wolf:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Furry-Animal-Figurine-MYTHICAL-FLYING-PIG-WHEN-PIGS-FLY_W0QQitemZ350219001383QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518aadde27&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|293%3A1|294%3A30 this one is for Sir Edward's new helm

Sir Brian:
Yes that truly is a mythological creation, much like a balanced budget and fair taxes!  :D

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2009-07-04, 15:32:13 ---I'm waiting till i hear back from the seller. i asked what the body was made of and what the measurements of the foot area was.  if it's plastic I think I'll drill some small dowels into the wood it's gonna sit on and gorilla glue them up inside the legs.  that way the legs are strong

--- End quote ---

That sounds like it would work. If the legs are made of plastic you could also use small machine screws
up into the legs coming up from the botton (helm side) of the wood platform after you drill some pass through holes into the wood platform. That's how I have the griffon on mine held onto the wood platform and those four screws can support the entire weight of the helm. ;)

Das Bill:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2009-07-03, 15:47:00 ---anything new yet?
--- End quote ---

I sold some things to buy an antique... will post more when it arrives (it was supposed to come yesterday, but is in NY for some reason... it may be held up in customs, as it came from the UK, so I'm biting my nails that nothing is wrong).

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Das Bill on 2009-07-04, 22:23:10 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2009-07-03, 15:47:00 ---anything new yet?
--- End quote ---

I sold some things to buy an antique... will post more when it arrives (it was supposed to come yesterday, but is in NY for some reason... it may be held up in customs, as it came from the UK, so I'm biting my nails that nothing is wrong).

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I was going to ask if it arrived yet. Can't wait to see it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version