Main > The Great Hall

Hello to all!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir William:
Welcome, sir!

Lord Dane:
Welcome to the forum.

Sir Nate:
Welcome! be sure to know that the order and the forum are separate entities. The forum is run by order members, but being a member of the forum and member of the order is different. Don't let that discourage you if your interested though.
What century of knight do you want to recreate?

Matthew of the Isles:
Hello, Nathan! While I would love to put together a grand harness like Sir Ian's, I think it would be better as a learning experience (and far more feasible for my poor wallet) if I were to create a 12th century mailled knight, especially with the discovery of less expensive, tailored maille outlets.

The wry, snarky knight within me suggests donning the classic Templar surcoat; as a broke graduate student with no marriage prospects, I appear to be a natural at poverty and chastity!

Sir Nate:
Most Templar re-enactors buy this surcoat, since it matches the few historical sources we have that tell us what Templar surcoats looked like. What you should do is move the cross to over the left breast area. But the material is wool which is what separates it from other surcoats on the market. You can also make your own surcoat. If your doing 12th century, it would actually be more fitting to have sleeves on your surcoat.
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=GB0215

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version