Main > The Round Table

And so it begins

(1/2) > >>

Bayard_Davis-Munro:
So I have been off on vacation this week and have been doing some serious research into a kit to start. I have narrowed the focus towards late 1200's to early 1300's as a start point.

As I am researching , I notice a lot of images link back to Pintrest . What a great resource! Some great views of reenactors and period art work helping me to narrow it down some.

Had been leaning towards a Knight of Malta in the black with white Maltese Cross as I had spent a long time as a fire fighter/EMT. Thought it looked good, and it was a good way to start out. Then all of a sudden a painting of Robert the Bruce pops up with a group of Knights . Hmmm my family was there with him.

So after a bit of research and reading I am setting out on my quest to create a knight based on an ancestor. What better way to be a part of a living history group?  plus I am enjoying getting in touch with my past and finding out more about it, as well as the history of that era.

here's to the past, and future!

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Bayard_Davis-Munro on 2017-03-15, 18:48:58 ---... So after a bit of research and reading I am setting out on my quest to create a knight based on an ancestor. What better way to be a part of a living history group?  plus I am enjoying getting in touch with my past and finding out more about it, as well as the history of that era.

here's to the past, and future!

--- End quote ---

Let the fun begin!   :)

Bayard_Davis-Munro:
Charge!!!!

Thorsteinn:
Have you watched Secrets of Great British Castles? It's on Netflix now and should give you many ideas.

Bayard_Davis-Munro:
Thanks for the heads up! I found a movie called Outcast on there with Nicolas Cage and Hayden Christenson . Odd kind of movie about Knights , but it was rather fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version