Main > The Armoury

The start of my kit

<< < (3/3)

Jon Blair:
Well, my Albion Knight is returning to New Glarus. The recent change in the weather resulted in manufacturer's defect in the grip becoming a big issue. The grip squeaks and shifts when handled. Fortunately, Albion is going to put a new grip on it. Unfortunately, I found out that I was overcharged for the sword. I used the invoice paperwork that I had left in the sleeve in the box to write down the problem. I hadn't really looked at the paperwork until now, but I realized that they never deducted the 10% armed forces active duty/retiree/veteran's discount. Word to the wise, look the paperwork over when you get something like that. Ah well.

Jon Blair:
Well, my Knight has returned better than before. And Mike credited my account for a future purchase with the amount of the discount. So all's well that ends well.
Now to decide on what will be the next piece of kit: helm or arming garments.

Lord Dane:
Arming garments. Start with essentials by doing braies, etc and work outwards.

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2017-05-15, 16:24:01 ---Arming garments. Start with essentials by doing braies, etc and work outwards.

--- End quote ---

+1

I wish I had forums like this back in the day!

Sir Patrick:
+2

Make them yourself if you are able, especially gambesons/ aketons. A good fit there means you can more closely tailor your mail. Improves movement and cuts down on weight. Also, a lot of off the rack arming garments aren't stuffed with natural fibers which is bad for heat conduction. Trust me, it's hot enough wearing a kit that's done right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version