"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
                -- Edmund Burke

Author Topic: Marching Through Time (MTT) 2016  (Read 7677 times)

Jon Blair

• Forum Member
Marching Through Time (MTT) 2016
« on: 2016-04-13, 17:17:50 »
Anyone going to Marching Through Time at Marietta House Mansion in Glenn Dale, MD this weekend? I plan to be there as a spectator. http://www.pgparks.com/page67258.aspx
"Diligo bonus quod contemno malum"

Azure, a saltire argent charged nine mascles azure

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Marching Through Time (MTT) 2016
« Reply #1 on: 2016-04-16, 12:32:08 »
have a great time

Jon Blair

• Forum Member
Re: Marching Through Time (MTT) 2016
« Reply #2 on: 2016-04-28, 13:10:26 »
Well, I realized that I did not report on the event, so better late than never.

It was a beautiful day for the event: not too cool, nor too hot. We got there near the time it opened and stayed until around 3pm. Sadly, it seemed less attended than I've seen in years past. There was one man each that I saw and talked to from both the Celtic and Roman camps. The Carolingians were fairly well represented. My old group, LaBelle Compagnie, was not in attendance, at least not on Saturday, which was sad as I was really hoping to see them there. Lord Grey's and the Squire's Camp (not sure if that is their official name or not) were both there representing the War of the Roses, and the Landsknechts were present. Of course, there was plenty of other more modern groups, from the Hessians circa American Revolution through the Russians in Afghanistan (who were digging a foxhole!), but most were manned by two to three people, and several were only one person, at least when we passed by. Maybe fifteen groups give or take. A few vendors were there, including the food truck and a gentleman who was selling knives made from lawnmower blades.

We took plenty of photographs and my son William tried on various pieces of armor. I'll have to see if I can get them off my lady wife's camera and post them here. We watched a couple displays, the Roman catapulta and the Squire's Camp demonstration. We wrapped it up with a tour of the house, which I have never been in before, even though I've been there four or five times over the years. All in all, it was a fun day, but not as glorious as in previous visits.
"Diligo bonus quod contemno malum"

Azure, a saltire argent charged nine mascles azure