Main > The Armoury

Greetings from "the new guy"

(1/4) > >>

Magnus the Smasher:
So, here is my kit:

Maille: KoA hauberk with trimmed sleeves over a KoA 'Tristan' shirt, (also trimmed sleeves).

Surcoat: homemade, (edging was machine stitched bias tape to save time and aggravation) using single layer 'hopsack' linen.

Boots: 7 buckle faux leather from DKA (too big).

Coif: KoA mild steel, zinc plated, butted. Trimmed 5 inches off the bottom edge and opened the chin area (kept snagging the beard... OUCH!!).

Pants: Black sweats ( I know, I know... working on it!)

Bracers: (not shown, left them at home, duh!) Handmade black leather and rivets, laced, not buckled.

Helm: (not shown, WAY too hot!) Sir William Marshal replica from KoA, steel, added a 'ponytail' (have no Idea why I did that...), added brass plate around eye slits to make it look more sinister... original eye slits make it look sad, droopy.

Torse and mantle: Handmade from surcoat scraps wrapped around thick piping cord. (Going to re-do this over the winter).

Weapons: Mayhawke Armory knightly sword, handmade oak warhammer(save weight and also to be ren-faire legal).

I have more tweaking to do during the winter... just about everything will get worked over. Kind of a mish-mosh kit. Was going for a mercenary/rogue look... Take what I want/need from my slain victims :)
 Thanks for letting me bore you... I plan on hitting as many faires and festivals as I can in the NE area... hope to meet some of you there!

Sampf:
Welcome! And may I say nice kit

Sir Patrick:
Hail and well met!

Magnus the Smasher:
In your knowledgeable opinions, does my kit... "work", or have I completely missed the mark? I'm not thrilled with the boots... definitely going to address that.  What era would this be? I was shooting for a non-allied Norman merc.

Sampf:
Wait NE as in New England?
I reside up there

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version