Main > The Armoury

What is your medieval weapon of choice?

<< < (11/13) > >>

AnsalonPaladin:
It depends on the time period, environment, and enemy I'm fighting. Of course conventional sword and board is the iconic and pretty imagery that I immediately think of...For sheer effectiveness I'd roll with a polearm of some type. I'm not a very large and powerful guy thus trying to smash through an enemy line with sword and board would promptly get me splattered by bigger folk. I'd rather harry enemies at the end of a pike, spear, or halberd. If I absolutely had to choose a one handed weapon from the periods of 12-1500 I'd use a flanged mace. I've always had a love for them.

jason77:
Either the falchion (is it an ax or a sword - oh its both)...

Or a war hammer (depending on time period) as it is quite effective against an opponent with a shield.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2015-09-10, 19:01:46 ---
Actually, the word "poleaxe" meant something a bit different to our historical ancestors than our modern connotation of it. "Axe" could simply mean something hafted with a head. Many poleaxes didn't have axe blades at all, but rather hammer and spike combinations. They varied a great deal.

--- End quote ---
Why don't we just call them Pole Hammers?

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Naythan on 2016-08-31, 01:19:16 ---
Actually, the word "poleaxe" meant something a bit different to our historical ancestors than our modern connotation of it. "Axe" could simply mean something hafted with a head. Many poleaxes didn't have axe blades at all, but rather hammer and spike combinations. They varied a great deal.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

For that matter, why don't we call pages "Knight Bitches"?  8)

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2016-08-31, 02:24:22 ---
--- Quote from: Naythan on 2016-08-31, 01:19:16 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

For that matter, why don't we call pages "Knight Bitches"?  8)

--- End quote ---
Too easy to confuse with Witches, which would result in a lot of angry villagers, and a shortage of pages. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version