Main > The Armoury

Historical Accuracy in Maille- are Bingo Wings strictly a modern issue?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sir William:
Hm.  I actually don't mind the look- let me ask you, do you wear maille below the waist, other than the haubergeon?  That's actually what I really want to avoid.

Sir Nate:
Good to know

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2015-05-27, 19:52:16 ---Hm.  I actually don't mind the look- let me ask you, do you wear maille below the waist, other than the haubergeon?  That's actually what I really want to avoid.

--- End quote ---

The only maille I wear is my haubergeon.  If I ever get a full cuirass, I will convert my maille to something like this:

**edit**

I do wear a maille pisan on my neck and the aventail... but I meant waist level or below, it's just the haubergeon **

Sir William:
Why?  To cut down on weight?  That's a 2 piecer, skirt and shirt right?  What do you wear to protect your nether regions?

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2015-05-27, 20:25:12 ---Why?  To cut down on weight?  That's a 2 piecer, skirt and shirt right?  What do you wear to protect your nether regions?

--- End quote ---

It's both more comfortable and lighter.  The paunces (skirt of maille) is the only thing that protects the groin, no change from the haubergeon. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version