Main > The Courtyard

Single Most Painful Shot Given/Received By You?

<< < (2/2)

Thorsteinn:
Mike were you fighting in Haiti? How did an attack like that happen?

Sampf:
Most painful hit received must have been when I was repairing my shoulder plate and slammed my hand with a hammer at the proper speed to flatten a rivet. That's the most painful thing including my armor I could think of.

Most painful hit delivered was when I brought some hard plastic sparring swords to a larp and afterwards I let people hit me. One of my friends insisted he had enough padding on and that I could hit him as hard as I want back instead of taking the blows my self. So of course I hit him in the gut on the left side and knocked the wind right out of him.

Sir Rodney:
Many years ago I took a two handed sword to the back of my head, while on my knees engaged with someone else. It didn’t hurt at the time as I didn’t see it coming and was knocked unconscious.

The following few days and weeks sucked big time with nausea and headaches. I was too young and dumb to see a doctor at the time. Don’t be me.

I realize now that I didn’t mention the most painful shot I’ve delivered during my previous AA post.

Many years ago we were at a fairground (Fargo, ND?) for an SCA event and I was using a nine foot rattan spear.  The opposing line decided to charge our line and I stood firm behind the shields.  The gentleman opposite me ran straight into my spear tip which caught him square in the junk.  The marshals had to call a “hold” and help him off the field.   :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version