Main > The Armoury

12th century kit revamped

<< < (2/2)

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2015-04-20, 19:39:39 ---
Yep, I would definitely suspect allergies for the seasonal thing.

Starting about 5 years ago for me, I would get sick on almost the exact same day every year. The first Saturday of March. The doctor told me to start hitting the antihistamines in advance of it, and that does the trick. I still get a little sickly, but it usually doesn't become overwhelming and turn into a sinus infection automatically.

But to fight down the allergies, I'm finding I need to double up on the antihistamines from the start of March straight on into sometime in May, when I can back off to just one.

You can develop new allergies over time, and spring is full of pollen.

--- End quote ---
I get allergies in spring now, but only every other year.

Sir Ulrich:
Turns out I didnt hurt my back at all. My backs totally fine. It's muscle spasms from cogetin withdrawal which I've been taking for years for my shaky disorder. Prescribed valium for it but cant drink so I've been only taking it as needed rather than all the time. Thats also addictive and causes withdrawal so I refuse to take it ALL the time. I honestly am tired of these meds, my new goal is to get off them because they're damaging my body after being on them for years. Muscle spasms make me miserable. Not knowing what it was for months drove me insane as some may of seen on facebook but glad thats out of the way.

On a lighter note Once I recieve my scabbard back from Ron Johnson I plan to use my Ritter for 12th century Teutonic instead. I found out shorter cocked hat pommels which is how Joe Metz modified this one would make it a transitional type between a type C and type D pommels. That would make it perfectly acceptable for 1187AD and considering I got everything for this kit apart from the helm and scabbard I should be good. I will be using this at DoK for the crusader camp this year. I do plan to get my pourpoint modified into a belt so chausses will be easier to put on. I will still be using full leg ones as I havent opened up my tie in the back ones yet. I already have that 12th century flat topped kite shield I got back in 2012 with the teutonic elbum on it. Got a Teutonic Surcoat I need to shorten a bit, not sure how it's going to fit over my new gambeson and maille yet though. And I got my new helm coming in from Doug David who I wanted a design of his kind of Topfhelm for a while as I do not like the GDFB ones. Years ago I said I'd get one but kinda got sidetracked with 1200s but now I got one coming in and it's going to be great. This will be the topfhelm I've ALWAYS wanted as there are absolutely no commercial topfhelms that are up to my standards. This will be basically a remake of my first knightly kit I attempted back in 2012 cept with better results and better quality pieces.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version