Main > The Armoury

helmet crests

(1/6) > >>

Sir Wolf:
http://www.crestsunlimited.net/  pretty cool!!!

oh btw, did anyone order a pendent to put on a spear or "walking stick" for the faires with their colors on them?

Sir Edward:
Sweet! Good find! I may have to keep that in mind as an option.

Sir Brian:
Truly a great find and thanks!

Funny thing though, I believe I found these folks before but their website wasn't nearly as nice and
when I e-mailed them a question if they were still doing crests I never heard back from them. Maybe
they were in a transitional stage of their business?  ???

- The crests themselves are reasonably priced and offer far more versatility. It's definitely worth
buying one to see how it would work out.  :)

Sir Brian:
Well I purchased one of these crests and it came to $55.00 with shipping. It comes with
two different mounts. One for regular storage/display the other with velcro pieces to attach
to a helm, which is simple, practical and a bit ingenious really.

Oh and Sir Wolf I think these crests would serve you well...

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2009-01-14, 04:05:33 ---looking for something along the lines of a rampant lion for a crest for my helmet. any ideas?

--- End quote ---
  ;)

PROs:
Extremely lightweight! Lighter than even my current crest. Mounting scheme is as I said simple
and practical and can be mounted on ALL helm types! Very reasonably priced.

CONs:
Although made with more authentic and period materials, has a little bit of a "crudeness" quality
about it, especially the attempts to paint "detail" lines on the thing...I intend to paint mine over
with a more suitable shade of gold. I'm not sure if I'll reapply the "detail" painted lines.  :-\

Here are some pictures:

A picture of the helm mount.

Overall a worthy and viable consideration for a helm crest!
Thanks again for the link Sir Wolf!  :)

Sir Edward:

Awesome!! I kept putting off thinking about ordering one. I decided to go ahead and do it, so I just filled it out. How long did yours take to arrive from when you ordered it.

I'm getting a dragon in blue/silver.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version