"The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs... one step at a time."
                -- Joe Girard

Author Topic: Crusader Monk not taking commissions  (Read 3474 times)

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Crusader Monk not taking commissions
« on: 2014-12-20, 21:29:46 »
Just a heads up that Crusader Monk is shutting down. No specific word on if it's permanent, but at the moment it appears that it may be.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Bernarr

• Forum Member
Re: Crusader Monk not taking commissions
« Reply #1 on: 2014-12-21, 06:03:42 »
From his site-

This is not a permanent measure, Crusader Monk will eventually return. I greatly apperciate your business over the years, and look forward to serving
you again in the future. In the meantime, I heartily recommend both Christian Fletcher and DBK Scabbards for your custom sword needs.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 2014-12-21, 14:30:24 »
I think that's leftover from when he was deployed earlier this year / last year? From myArmoury, yesterday:

Crusader Monk will be closing the doors indefinitely as of today. In short, I was offered a full-time job with the U.S. Army as a civilian instructor. While the job is not terribly far away - the additional changes of going through a separation and relocating my residence won't allow me to take further commissions.

Crusader Monk will eventually return, of that I have no doubt. However, once again, I want to extend my genuine thanks and appreciate to those who have supported the shoppe over the last few years.

http://myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=291837#291837
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 2014-12-23, 22:04:30 »
Well...it seems he's got a lot going on.  I appreciate him reaching out like this...he could've just taken money and disappeared like others have done (not that he would, Jon's an honorable sort).  God go with him.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€