Main > The Armoury

Rust prevention

<< < (2/2)

scott2978:
While I was in the Army CLP was standard government issue. Not much translates exactly the same between military and civilian life, so CLP always gives me that nostalgic feeling. There might be something better out there for armor (Fluid Film?) but CLP works great for cleaning my swords, firearms and armor too, plus it's it's a cleaner, a lubricant and a penetrating preservative all in one, and it's cheap and can be found everywhere. So logistically it's a no-brainer.

Thanks for the link to the rust test Scott, it was interesting.

Ian:

--- Quote from: scott2978 on 2014-11-04, 06:00:15 ---While I was in the Army CLP was standard government issue. Not much translates exactly the same between military and civilian life, so CLP always gives me that nostalgic feeling. There might be something better out there for armor (Fluid Film?) but CLP works great for cleaning my swords, firearms and armor too, plus it's it's a cleaner, a lubricant and a penetrating preservative all in one, and it's cheap and can be found everywhere. So logistically it's a no-brainer.

Thanks for the link to the rust test Scott, it was interesting.

--- End quote ---

Exactly, it's what I was first exposed to in the military, I already used it on all my personal firearms, Albion recommends it and ship all their swords with a coat of it on their blades, so it was a simple decision to use it on all my medieval steel goods.  It removes rust, it prevents rust, it gets in all the tight little spots you want it go in to, and it lasts virtually forever if you don't wipe it off. 

Sir James A:
CLP is good stuff.

If you want a cheaper wax, floor wax (paste wax) is a viable option. I've used it before. (SC Johnson, I think - yellow and red can - found it at Home Depot)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version