"The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs... one step at a time."
                -- Joe Girard

Author Topic: Albion Hospitaller  (Read 17677 times)

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: Albion Hospitaller
« Reply #15 on: 2014-11-14, 21:34:17 »
Thats a good sword you have there. Normally i'm not much into wheel pommels but the disk shaped one looks quite good. Though once we meet up again i'll have to see how it handles in comparison to my Ritter. Both the Ritter and Hospitaller have the same blade type. That sword should be good well into the 13th century as well, so pretty much you can use this if you ever decide to do the 13th century. Type XI swords are rare though so I'm not sure how common they were but personally I like them, even more than I do Type X swords.

scott2978

• Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Follower
  • Be generous, passionate, and resolute
    • Dice and Steel
« Reply #16 on: 2014-11-15, 17:13:26 »
This thread has made me realize that I don't think I've ever met anyone who wasn't impressed by an Albion sword. Even for people not particularly fond of swords at all, all the effort they put into getting it right is not lost on anyone who holds one.

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #17 on: 2014-11-24, 22:45:50 »
Thats a good sword you have there. Normally i'm not much into wheel pommels but the disk shaped one looks quite good. Though once we meet up again i'll have to see how it handles in comparison to my Ritter. Both the Ritter and Hospitaller have the same blade type. That sword should be good well into the 13th century as well, so pretty much you can use this if you ever decide to do the 13th century. Type XI swords are rare though so I'm not sure how common they were but personally I like them, even more than I do Type X swords.
Well I do early 13th, late 12th, and am slowly moving into late 13th(with my greaves,cuisses, and surgarloaf, I am late 13th as it is)
yes, the sword handles great.

This thread has made me realize that I don't think I've ever met anyone who wasn't impressed by an Albion sword. Even for people not particularly fond of swords at all, all the effort they put into getting it right is not lost on anyone who holds one.

Just many that complain about the price.

Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order
"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil"

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 2014-11-25, 21:59:27 »
Albions are pricey, but I can't complain.  Once you learn about swords and start making comparos between the Albion and anything from a lower price point - you begin to understand the why of it.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.”

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #19 on: 2014-11-29, 02:22:49 »
Albions are pricey, but I can't complain.  Once you learn about swords and start making comparos between the Albion and anything from a lower price point - you begin to understand the why of it.
Aye
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order

Mike W.

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #20 on: 2014-11-29, 20:50:25 »

I had the misfortune of meeting one person who was not impressed by Albions as DoK. He had asked me what me swords were, I responded that they were Albions. He gave a sneer and downtalked them. Of course, nobody there ever took him seriously.

That sword should be good well into the 13th century as well, so pretty much you can use this if you ever decide to do the 13th century.

Type XI swords cover the 12th century almost exclusively. If you want a late 12th-mid 13th century blade, a Type XII would be most appropriate.

D’azur à trois fasces d’argent, et au chef gueule chargé de trois étoiles d’or.

"The first duty of a man is the seeking after and the investigation of truth." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Sir Nate

• Nathan
  • Yeoman of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #21 on: 2014-12-01, 02:19:50 »

I had the misfortune of meeting one person who was not impressed by Albions as DoK. He had asked me what me swords were, I responded that they were Albions. He gave a sneer and downtalked them. Of course, nobody there ever took him seriously.

That sword should be good well into the 13th century as well, so pretty much you can use this if you ever decide to do the 13th century.

Type XI swords cover the 12th century almost exclusively. If you want a late 12th-mid 13th century blade, a Type XII would be most appropriate.

I think It is Passable for early 13th.
certainly having it with a late 13th century kit would be more of a stretch.
Nathan Phillip Max
Knight of the Order

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #22 on: 2014-12-01, 22:30:13 »
For Germany it's fine, they held onto the earlier designs longer. Hell type X blades were used until maille stopped being used as main defense. On Albion Europe's site it says the Ritter's main time period is 1250-1275. Hospitaller however it says 1100-1200.

Chuck G.

• New Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: 2014-12-12, 23:53:37 »

Yep. The attention to detail and close duplication of not merely the look, but the functionality of the originals is outstanding. Worth every penny, IMHO. The only one I've ever parted with was a Sempach, and that was only to trade for an old Johann Schmidberger piece (besides, I have a Crecy and decided I didn't need two swords from the same timeframe).

So I certainly do not complain about the price, but it does limit my ability to buy them, alas...