Main > The Armoury

Using Milk Paint to paint armor.

<< < (3/3)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-08-23, 21:07:45 ---
--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-08-23, 19:25:27 ---Powder coating is actually very durable and perfect for a single piece item like a breastplate. I tried to get a few local powder-coating companies to do a harness for me, but nobody would.

--- End quote ---

James, why wouldn't they?  I know powder coating armor is not the normal powder coating job, but it's just a piece of steel as far as they're concerned.  I'm kinda surprised they turned you away.

--- End quote ---

One called me back and I gave them details and they never called back again. One said they only take large / commercial jobs (some high price minimum, maybe $1k+ I don't remember since it was a couple years back). The other I couldn't even get to return my call. I figured work is work, but since I couldn't even get call-backs I don't think they wanted to deal with it at all.

I got some blackened leg armor from Maxim last year and I like the look of it so I didn't pursue it any further. I'm thinking a custom bike / car shop might be able to do it, if I decide to revisit. I toyed with red/gold powder coating and doing a medieval Ironman kind of thing. I still might, eventually...

Lord Chagatai:
Canvas it then paint it...that is what I have done with mine!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version