Main > The Armoury

New Great Helm (Wulfland.com)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Wolf:
i dunno, looks like something to aim a lance at

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2014-07-28, 01:15:40 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-07-27, 20:40:52 ---That's pretty cool looking. Are you getting it for looks, combat, or both lol.

--- End quote ---

Both as it is practical. I love the look & it is thick enough for SCA combat standards as well. Could be worn with both my own persona & any Crusader era genre.

--- End quote ---

If I were to get it, I'd pop that little cross in the front off. Feels like a bit much to me. Otherwise, I think it would be a cool piece to have. But methinks that the little cross is your favorite part. It would be very unique on the battle field, which is something I prize when designing my kit. So that my image is remembered.

Mike W.:
That looks waaaaay overdone. Can't say I've seen a period source with that style of ornamentation. I'd stay away and invest in something a bit more plausible.

Lord Dane:
It was more esthetic I was looking at than historic. It would be a good look for me.

Sir William:
Unless you're doing a living history impression, if you've got the cash- go for it.  Nothing like being able to acquire the little pleasures- have fun man.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version