Main > The Courtyard

Mace Fighting

<< < (5/6) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Thats a good video on how to use a mace. I use mine pretty much the same way even though mines steel and yours is an SCA mace. I should start making videos like that too but have yet to get a cam so been lazy on it.

Vincent:
Alright! Authorized as an SCA heavy fighter, and my kong dog toy has arrived in the mail.

Thorsteinn, in regards to construction of the mace, should I shave more off the rattan wood to get it to fit the toy? Hollow the toy out? Both? Slightly clueless on this, but I would think cutting into the toy too much would affect the amount of 'give' it has, which would cause it to fail. What do you suggest?

Lord Chagatai:
Shave the rattan a little smaller than the hole on the toy, t.hen using baby powder or some powder that would make the rattan kind of slippery, work the toy on. Takes some work but thats how I got mine to be stable and a good fit. Makes sense?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Vincent on 2014-07-09, 02:51:45 ---Alright! Authorized as an SCA heavy fighter, and my kong dog toy has arrived in the mail.

Thorsteinn, in regards to construction of the mace, should I shave more off the rattan wood to get it to fit the toy? Hollow the toy out? Both? Slightly clueless on this, but I would think cutting into the toy too much would affect the amount of 'give' it has, which would cause it to fail. What do you suggest?

--- End quote ---

Congratulations on getting authorized. I wanted to do Mace fighting but was told to become more proficient at Sword and Board as a mainly wielding a mace in the tournament field would only stunt my upward movement (Squire -> Knight) down the line...

I am still trying to decide if being a Knight or even Squiring is in the books for me or if I just want to fight and have fun and not worry about politics...so I haven't tried a Mace yet...just thought you should know that some knights want to see us fight in sword and board in tournaments.

Lord Chagatai:

--- Quote from: Don Jorge on 2014-07-10, 19:48:25 ---
--- Quote from: Vincent on 2014-07-09, 02:51:45 ---Alright! Authorized as an SCA heavy fighter, and my kong dog toy has arrived in the mail.

--- End quote ---

Congratulations on getting authorized. I wanted to do Mace fighting but was told to become more proficient at Sword and Board as a mainly wielding a mace in the tournament field would only stunt my upward movement (Squire -> Knight) down the line...

I am still trying to decide if being a Knight or even Squiring is in the books for me or if I just want to fight and have fun and not worry about politics...so I haven't tried a Mace yet...just thought you should know that some knights want to see us fight in sword and board in tournaments.

--- End quote ---

True, Jorge....but it really depends on the knight....sword and board mastering gives you great defensive and offensive tactics. It also makes the transition to two handed fighting easier.

My knight is a great weapon master and I was lucky enough that he let me train and fight great weapon as well. Another good thing is that I had been fighting for almost two years before he squired me so I had mastered sword and board. I find my two favorite styles of fighting are sword and madu as well as 7'6" glaive. You may also find 6' spear fun as well cause I do..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version