Main > The Armoury

Things to come before Fall and things I still need help with

<< < (2/4) > >>

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2014-06-18, 10:49:27 ---Nate. I have a Valiant Armoury sword I am selling with matching dagger in their original leather scabbards. I will post pics if you like to look. However they are sharpened so your parents must buy them for you due to state law (under 18). You have to keep the blades oiled. They will rust. The sword was called "Valiant" it is one of their discontinued designs but it is a hand and a half arming sword. Was one of my 1st blades.

--- End quote ---

What time period would it fall under? I am having trouble finding mid to late 14th century type blade on their site...to be fair I am not that knowledgable about swords...

I like their prices and that a scabbard comes with it...

How do they compare vs Albion? How about Baltimore Knife & Sword?

I do like the XII Castile Blade for Valiant and according to Albions website XII is 13th and 14th century...maybe that is something I should look into buying...

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Don Jorge on 2014-06-19, 04:40:34 ---
--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2014-06-18, 10:49:27 ---Nate. I have a Valiant Armoury sword I am selling with matching dagger in their original leather scabbards. I will post pics if you like to look. However they are sharpened so your parents must buy them for you due to state law (under 18). You have to keep the blades oiled. They will rust. The sword was called "Valiant" it is one of their discontinued designs but it is a hand and a half arming sword. Was one of my 1st blades.

--- End quote ---

What time period would it fall under? I am having trouble finding mid to late 14th century type blade on their site...to be fair I am not that knowledgable about swords...

I like their prices and that a scabbard comes with it...

How do they compare vs Albion? How about Baltimore Knife & Sword?

I do like the XII Castile Blade for Valiant and according to Albions website XII is 13th and 14th century...maybe that is something I should look into buying...

--- End quote ---

If you are going for a 14th century Spanish persona or look, the Castile is a good match for you. Valiant Armoury blades are a good mix between reasonable price, time period authentic, and quality. My Valiant is a late 14th-early 15th century replica I would imagine.

Sir Edward:

My last impression of BKS swords is that they were on the heavy, overbuilt side of things (like most renfaire sword makers, such as Badger or Starfire). But it's been years since I've seen their offerings in person, since they're no longer at MDRF.

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-06-19, 13:53:42 ---
My last impression of BKS swords is that they were on the heavy, overbuilt side of things (like most renfaire sword makers, such as Badger or Starfire). But it's been years since I've seen their offerings in person, since they're no longer at MDRF.

--- End quote ---

They are the people who make the Battle of Nations/IMCF weapons so maybe they are more blunt weapons on destruction...I do want their flanged mace for when I do move up to ACL combat :)

Thanks for the responses...maybe VA Castile is a good weapon to aim for at the 450 range with a scabbard as opposed to the Albion squire XII that is 473 without a scabbard...or would you say that level of Albion still out ranks the VA Castile?

Ian:
Albion Squire line is still better than 99% of other sword makers, with the exception of custom and production Arms and Armour products.  The squire line is no less a sword in the historical and functional sense (including details like distal taper not present on the cheaper makers), they just don't have the frills of the next gen line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version