Main > The Armoury

Counterfeit "Tinker" swords

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sir Edward:

The thing with the Tinker line, is that they are manufactured through CAS/Hanwei, rather than made by Tinker Pierce himself. He designed the prototypes.

I think this is a case of a sword that looks nothing like the Tinker swords, but they're trying to attach the name to it to sell it.

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote ---Tips:

The sword will go with a free sword bag, a set of spare Mekugi(bamboo nail) . The displan stand will not be included. It needs extra $45 with the shipping together..
--- End quote ---

Sign me up!   ::)

Sir Nate:
Hmmm, I always thought that Tinker meant battle a sparring sword, but I suppose its because so many sites I have seen have said Tinker. Actually now that Im going back to certain sites they no longer say tinker. So perhaps the word really is spreading.

Sir William:
I reported the listing for fake/fraudulent claims under the aegis of trademark infringement; it'll get a review at least.

Tinker is the name of the guy; his site, www.tinkerswords.com, shows most of his wares but he's no longer making items last I heard.  He entered into a partnership with CAS Iberia and Hanwei to design a run of Euro swords that became quite popular- his design in a pocket-friendly format, I've had a few, they're good swords.

Tinker's response on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/michael.t.pearce.7/posts/10202166411657848

(EDIT from Sir Ed: Fixed broken link. I'm assuming this is the post that was intended)

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Naythan on 2014-06-11, 11:14:16 ---Hmmm, I always thought that Tinker meant battle a sparring sword, but I suppose its because so many sites I have seen have said Tinker.

--- End quote ---

Michael "Tinker" Pearce.  Tinker is the nickname of Michael Pearce, the famous bladesmith.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version