Main > The Armoury

Counterfeit "Tinker" swords

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir William:
So I got a response back from ryan-swords, the seller of this particular sword:

--- Quote ---Hello,Thank you for let us know what's happening. But did  Mr. Pearce get patent for the swords? If yes, please provide evidence and we'll take the swords out of the listing. If not, my understand is that everyone can make and sell replica, right?
--- End quote ---

I of course responded; I also noticed that he'd changed the name of the listing and there are no mentions of Tinker anywhere in the ad.

Sir Nate:
Aren't his blades spring steel?

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Naythan on 2014-06-26, 15:08:26 ---Aren't his blades spring steel?

--- End quote ---

Any functional sword blade has to be made from hardened steel like spring or it will just bend, or worse (if it's stainless) shatter.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-06-26, 15:40:25 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Naythan on 2014-06-26, 15:08:26 ---Aren't his blades spring steel?

--- End quote ---

Any functional sword blade has to be made from hardened steel like spring or it will just bend, or worse (if it's stainless) shatter.

--- End quote ---
Is a spring steel blade very wobbly(I hear it is)

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Naythan on 2014-06-26, 22:52:57 ---Is a spring steel blade very wobbly(I hear it is)

--- End quote ---

No.  The whip of a sword blade has a lot more to do with it's shape and design than it's material.

Normal sword blades are made from spring steel.  They pretty much need to be in order to be functional.  Spring steel is just a generic term for medium and high carbon steels that are capable of being hardened.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version