Main > The Armoury

Made some voiders

<< < (2/5) > >>

Sir Edward:

Awesome!

Yeah, making your own mail is definitely an exercise in patience. Having made a hauberk/haubergeon, I know how that goes. :)

Sir Patrick:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-05-21, 14:41:51 ---Excellent! When you whip stitch it down, let me know if you can raise your arms. I couldn't get my arms above shoulder level and got really frustrated. :(

--- End quote ---

I hadn't thought if that!  I plan on running a lace through the rings and actually stitching that down so as to distribute the pull on the rings. Maybe I'll leave a little slack in the stitches so the lace can slide a bit  ???

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Patrick on 2014-05-21, 15:40:37 ---
--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-05-21, 14:41:51 ---Excellent! When you whip stitch it down, let me know if you can raise your arms. I couldn't get my arms above shoulder level and got really frustrated. :(

--- End quote ---

I hadn't thought if that!  I plan on running a lace through the rings and actually stitching that down so as to distribute the pull on the rings. Maybe I'll leave a little slack in the stitches so the lace can slide a bit  ???

--- End quote ---
Raise your arms prior to sewing anything and note what pulls where.  Mark where the rings are moving in the up position and sew the rings to the coat as close to the arms raised position as you can.  Then when you raise your arms post-sewing they should be at their naturally sewn position, and when you put your arms down the slack should loosen anyway.

Sir Patrick:
Thank you for the tip, Sir Ian!  I shall enlist the lady wife's help.

Lord Dane:
Nice job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version