Main > The Armoury

Custom tailor???

<< < (2/2)

Don Jorge:
I might need that info too sir brian. Gwen at black swan said she doesn't do custom orders for chausses and I don't fit into her normal sized chausses as I have a 33in thigh and 20.5in calf

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ian:

--- Quote from: Don Jorge on 2014-05-24, 04:04:31 ---I might need that info too sir brian. Gwen at black swan said she doesn't do custom orders for chausses and I don't fit into her normal sized chausses as I have a 33in thigh and 20.5in calf

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Just for your knowledge, chausses/hose are pretty easy to make, and you can make the feet correctly (which no retailer does). 

http://www.historiclife.com/Essays/howto_hose.html

Sir Wolf:
there is actually 2 ways to make the foot. one uses the top part and the footprint under side while the other uses one huge top part and the leg large hangs down further, then they wrap around the foot and flat seemed right under it.  i prefer the foot print method. i can't stand the seam under the center of my foot lol

Sir William:
I second Isabella E - she made my silk banner as well.  Someone else made my gonfalon though; I can't recall the gentleman's name but one or other of my brethren Knights can furnish you the contact information as they'd used him as well.

For my surcoat and accoutrements, I make use of a tailoress that Sir Nathan introduced me to, BJ- he can provide her contact information as I do not have that handy.  She made me a torse and mantle that came out beautifully- I have yet to debut it but I will- soon as I get her to make the matching surcoat.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version