Main > The Courtyard

IMCF Spain 2013.

(1/4) > >>

Thorsteinn:
This is what "Hit's like a Girl" looks like to fighters. This is what Lisa Galli's (known in the SCA as Duchess Sir Bryne McClellan) opponents helm looked like after the polearm match at the International Medieval Combat Federation event in Spain which she won, then won the Women's Polearm Tournament.

Yeah, and folks wonder why I don't want to face her alone on the field.

Image copyright Kelli Thompson 2014:
A Portuguese woman's helm after Team USA's Lisa Galli got a hold of it in the polearm match.

Her brother Jeffery Galli (ska Viscount Sir Brand McClellan) won the Men's Division Polearm Tournament. Here he is doing his thing in the SCA:

Sir Nate:
That looks fun, And Painful!!! I like.

Sir James A:
I guess I just don't get that mentality. Just because you're capable of hitting like a truck, doesn't mean you should, and to me quite the opposite - unless you're intentionally trying to severely hurt someone.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-05-02, 15:24:12 ---I guess I just don't get that mentality. Just because you're capable of hitting like a truck, doesn't mean you should, and to me quite the opposite - unless you're intentionally trying to severely hurt someone.

--- End quote ---

That's precisely why I'm not really into the whole ACL / BOTN movement that much.  It's cool to watch, but every 'bladed' weapon is just a mace in drag, and it seems like everyone is just trying to concuss their opponents.  If that's your thing, have at it, but please make the Public Service Announcement that this has little to do with proper technique with any of those weapons.

It certainly fills that desire to see an ultra-violent sport though! :)

Sir Douglas:
Yep...you'd never get me into armored combat. No sir. Any kind of sport where you intentionally let people come at you with a weapon and trust that they won't kill you requires way more trust than I'm willing to give.

I'm perfectly happy playing a scholar with delusions of grandeur. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version