Main > The Armoury

Where to begin? New Kit in the working..

<< < (20/31) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2014-06-03, 23:47:14 ---
--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-06-03, 23:24:29 ---Well one drawback of a klappvisier bascinet is having the visor come off and getting your nose broken.

--- End quote ---

It's not proving a big issue in the SCA or ACL. Just use either a strap and/or a good locking pin, or somesuch.

--- End quote ---

It's a reference to a combat demo we did last weekend, that he was there for, and I got my nose broken while wearing a klappvisor when the visor came down. :)

Sir Nate:
This is a mid to late 14th century helmet found on Google images.
James has one that is similar if not almost the exact same bascinet. the one that got james nose broken ;) 
Here is a link to the site: http://www.wassonartistry.com/armor.php?w=helmets

Sir Jason Simonds:
Poor Sir James just can't catch a break.

Don Jorge:

This is what I went with and it is based on the visored bascinets of the manuscript (romance of alexander). I am going for a 1340-1350s Spaniard with my simple elbow and knee cops from Merc Tailors and the splinted limbs I am making (still working on em! pics when I have some legit progress)

The bascinet is pretty historical (havent gotten it yet so cant say that with any certainty) as I believe it will be more round as was right during the period (bascinets get more point towards the end of the century from my talks with a few armor historians, definitely want to ask Wade at his armor weekend if I can make it...war practice during the same weekend...I am torn!)

The aventail was a gift and definitely not part of the order so I will have to modify and tailor appropriately to have it rise up rather than have it the way it is now...but hey it is an awesome gift! I cant wait to get it and see how it looks in person...I will have the wife take some nicer pictures of the historical liner etc!

But yeah Sir Jason, instead of going with a sugarloaf (which was a bit dated for practical use) i went with this visored bascinet :)

Sir Patrick:
^^^^I LOVE that helmet!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version