Main > The Armoury

Where to begin? New Kit in the working..

<< < (19/31) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-05-28, 22:28:08 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-05-28, 21:55:40 ---For SCA purposes if I a also currect you can sneak a leather gorget under the aventail, which I am guessing is more or less required. But you don't have to worry about that if your not doing SCA

--- End quote ---

For SCA purposes you can wear a pink tutu and a helmet with horns while wearing a samurai cuirass and have it all made out of a pickle barrel and be ok as long as you meet the minimum protective requirements :)

--- End quote ---

I was able to call "farb!" but I see you mentioned horns. :D

Sir Jason Simonds:
Back on topic....

So Mid/Late 14th century Helms.....

Pros and cons of different types....

and GO!

Pictures are more than welcome too.  :)

And yes I am still gonna get a Pembridge greathelm for Faire only purposes.  :P

Mike W.:
Well one drawback of a klappvisier bascinet is having the visor come off and getting your nose broken.

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-06-03, 23:24:29 ---Well one drawback of a klappvisier bascinet is having the visor come off and getting your nose broken.

--- End quote ---

It's not proving a big issue in the SCA or ACL. Just use either a strap and/or a good locking pin, or somesuch.

Sir Edward:

That's the thing. There are easy modern solutions, but many of these helmets historically did not have locking pins and the like. They used tension in the hinges, more often than not, to keep the visor in place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version