Main > The Armoury

Where to begin? New Kit in the working..

<< < (28/31) > >>

Sir Douglas:
What I do with my shields is prep the canvas with a few coats of gesso, then just go over that with plain ol' acrylic.

You could probably even skip the gesso if you really wanted to, but I use it just to make sure no oils from the wood seep through the canvas to the paint.

Sir Patrick:
I just use acrylic primer and acrylic paints. I do a couple of layers of satin polyurethane as a topcoat.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-06-11, 21:39:10 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Jason Simonds on 2014-06-11, 20:35:53 ---I have already purchased the helm, and Stag antlers. Just have to make the Mantle when they get here.

Also got the heater shield from Kult of Athena.
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=801204&name=Medieval+Heater+Shield

What do you guys recommend to use to paint the shield??

--- End quote ---

I would probably just use regular acrylic paint unless you want to make it a pain in the butt.

--- End quote ---

Acrylic paint on steel??

Ian:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2014-06-12, 03:02:42 ---
--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-06-11, 21:39:10 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Jason Simonds on 2014-06-11, 20:35:53 ---I have already purchased the helm, and Stag antlers. Just have to make the Mantle when they get here.

Also got the heater shield from Kult of Athena.
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=801204&name=Medieval+Heater+Shield

What do you guys recommend to use to paint the shield??

--- End quote ---

I would probably just use regular acrylic paint unless you want to make it a pain in the butt.

--- End quote ---

Acrylic paint on steel??

--- End quote ---

I thought this was for a shield

Sir Edward:
I cheat even more. I've been using flat/matte finish spray paints for armor and shields. It looks pretty decent. The trick is doing the masking right, so you don't have sprayed edges that give it away.

(The shield in my avatar pic was done this way)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version