Main > The Armoury

Where to begin? New Kit in the working..

<< < (26/31) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Jason Simonds on 2014-06-10, 11:17:21 ---Main thing is that it appears to be the correct shape for a Pembridge Great helm.

If it is just painted I am going to strip all the paint off, may even remove the 3 vertical strips and replace with real brass.

--- End quote ---

Be cautious of it. I bought a blackened helm from them (Medieval Collectibles), and after stripping the blackening, the steel is kinda, well, seems to be garbage. I'm not even sure what kind of steel it is, but it's awful. That one might be fine, but my experience wasn't so great.

Sir Patrick:
If you're stripping the paint off and removing the aventail, it's practically the same helm as the one Aiden linked to. That GDBF helm is a little better known as far as what you're getting.

Sir Jason Simonds:
Well seeing how this will be a Faire only helmet I am not too stressed about battle quality. Plus I will more than likely be repainting anyways for decorative purposes. Plus adding stag antlers and a Mantle... If the metal is of good polish-able quality then I will leave it plain metal otherwise I will paint.

Lord Dane:
Hey, that's my friend Pembridge. We put our heads together when comes time for fighting. :) Good choice.

Don Jorge:
Maybe talk to Douglas on here? He makes great helms and has put horns on his before and a crest...maybe he can do something custom in your budget?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version