Main > The Armoury

As promised. Allbeststuff mail review.

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir William:
Looks really good Naythan, they did a good job.  One thing; I'd settle your sword belt a bit lower - like just above the hips; it'll make drawing and sheathing the sword less awkward.  There is a picture of me, somewhere, with my sword belt high up and someone caught the shot just as I was trying to get the point in so I could put her in and you can see how awkward it was for me.  But I also have short arms, so ymmv.  lol

By the by, how'd you get in contact w/them?

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-04-30, 14:04:36 ---Looks really good Naythan, they did a good job.  One thing; I'd settle your sword belt a bit lower - like just above the hips; it'll make drawing and sheathing the sword less awkward.  There is a picture of me, somewhere, with my sword belt high up and someone caught the shot just as I was trying to get the point in so I could put her in and you can see how awkward it was for me.  But I also have short arms, so ymmv.  lol

By the by, how'd you get in contact w/them?

--- End quote ---

I thought belts were supposed to be by the belly button. But I didn't find drawing my blade or sheathing it to be a problem.
To get in contact with them I gave them my email and left tapered in the notes.
They send a confirmation email when you place the order an when it was completed(month later) Nltulin, I think his name was, emailed me and asked for measurements and that tapering had been noted.

Sir William:
Regular belts for your clothing, yes- like a tunic belt for instance, should be at the belly button, but as I've found out just recently, sword belts were supposed to sit just above the hips (or so it would seem in manuscript and period art); I still haven't figured out how to get it to stay there w/out falling all the way off, though.

Sir Humphrey:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-04-28, 22:14:22 --- When you put the belt on, raise your arms and then have someone tightly strap you in to the belt at your waist (not where your jeans sit, but closer to your belly button), and then after it's strapped, lower your arms. 
--- End quote ---

Sir Ian,
Good information.  Is this after the surcoat is put on, or is this another belt under the surcoat?

Sir Humphrey

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-04-28, 22:14:22 ---Looks good!  If I might make a suggestion for the weight...  In the photo that just shows you with nothing but the hauberk and belt on, I would recommend blousing the hauberk a little more over that belt.  When you put the belt on, raise your arms and then have someone tightly strap you in to the belt at your waist (not where your jeans sit, but closer to your belly button), and then after it's strapped, lower your arms.  This will blouse an inch or two of hauberk over the belt and put the entire lower half of the hauberk's weight on your hips instead of your shoulders.  You will find it to be more comfortable to wear over longer periods of time.

--- End quote ---

Oh so that's how its done! I usually just put the belt on with my arms down, but it did not seem to take alot of weight off the shoulders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version