Main > The Campaign

Chivalric Weekend

<< < (4/8) > >>

Sir Edward:

So, any news? How was the event? Have any interesting stories to tell?

Sir Wolf:
ya bill whats the news! :)

Das Bill:
The news is that I'm exhausted. :) Got back really late last night (7.5 hour drive) and went straight to bed.

Had a great time. Lots of training, comraderie, and fun. Todd Sullivan, who hosted the event, was an amazing host. As Christian put it, Todd is a force of nature: He was *constantly* on the go in order to make the event run smoothly and keep everyone as happy as possible. The man's a true gentleman.

The classes were top notch. I technically have either taken them before at WMAW, or in Christian's case, I was the demo partner for them, but they were absolutely still worth going through again. Greg's Italian material was especially great for me, as I really enjoy learning more and more about the parallel tradition. His class on Fiore's Iron Gate guard was awesome, even to someone who's already done it.

Got to do a lot of "note trading" with other serious practioners. I also got to meet many more of Christian's students, which was a pleasure. And the round table discussion on Saturday night, situated around the large bonfire, was excellent.

Most importantly, of course, was the comraderie between classes: The discussions, the interpretations, and even the goofing around. Plus, Christian had a new toy, a prototype of a new A&A poleax. It's essentially their current warhammer, only with a long shaft and langets, and it was really awesome. I'm going to contact Craig about converting the one that I own.

I'm still recovering from the lack of sleep, and I've got to go teach in just a short while (today's the first day of summer camps), but I'll have pictures later.

Sir Edward:

It sounds like you had a great time. Maybe I'll be able to aim towards attending in the future. I look forward to seeing the pictures!

Sir Edward:
I've been looking over some of the 2008 gallery: http://www.freewebs.com/chivalricweekend/2008gallery.htm

It looks like it was a blast! I'd have loved to see some of the period originals that were there. Not to mention all of the camaraderie and so forth, as I imagine it was much like WMAW, just smaller. It's a shame I didn't get to go.

Hah, there's a picture of Pete Kautz without his sunglasses. I'm amazed. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version