Main > The Armoury

Source for pommel and cross guard?

(1/3) > >>

Sir Humphrey:
I have a bare Albion Poitier blade coming from another fellow.  I need a pommel and guard to go on it.   Albion will not sell components.  Medieval fight club sell a cheaps pommels and guards and I have requested a quote on a set from Ernie at Yeshua.

Are there any other source for parts that this crew knows of?  Anyone have appropriate parts They are looking to sell?  Thanks!

Sir Humphrey

Sir Rodney:
I took a quick look at Albion’s “moat sale” section and didn’t see anything that would be useable.  Try advertising on AA (if you haven’t already). 

Sir Ulrich:
http://www.yeshuas-sword.com/
You can try these people, they do it rather good. I saw some custom albion type blades they made on Facebook. I plan to eventually get one by them once I get a free type XII blade to make an exact replica of the sword I want.

Sir James A:
There were a few bits for sale on myArmoury, but I checked and they were already sold.

For a pommel and guard, maybe check with Wesley Chambers on the DoK Book of Faces group? He's the resident blacksmith, though I don't know if he's done sword bits.

Sir Brian:
I had a similar problem when I worked on reconstituting a sword that was sort of a family heirloom from my in-laws. The blade had patina rust but was otherwise in good shape and still flexible. It needed a grip, a hand guard and more appropriate pommel that I found online but as I recall they didn’t carry parts for medieval swords.

Still you could purchase a cheap wall hanger that has the kind of crossguard and pommel you like and cannibalize it for your Albion blade. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version